Sunday, January 11, 2015

In My Element


In was in my element
Walking down the proverbial yellow brick road of life
I knew what I wanted, where I wanted to be and how I was going to get there.
But somewhere, somehow, when I wasn’t looking the path dissolved
In a millisecond, the same amount of time that it takes you to blink,
I was floating in a sea of nothing.
No one knew, no one could tell because my feet kept moving
Moving through shear muscle and emotional memory
Seconds to minutes, minutes to hours, and hours to days and so forth, and so on, and ad infinitum.
I could feel you before I saw you
I could hear the intoxicating sounds that I would come to know as your voice.
You intertwined your fingers with the hand of my soul
I knew what I wanted, where I wanted to be, and how I was going to get there
I wasn’t going to find it at the end of a proverbial yellow brick road


I found it in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment