Wednesday, January 14, 2015

In Your Eyes



This was a poem that I wrote years ago, I actually think that it was my very first one. I was late one night and I was up studying, everyone else was asleep. I had been going through a challenging moment in life and out of no where these words started dancing through my spirit, my heart, my mind. My son Mikal calls it your "Sha Na Na". I posted this in an online forum that I had years ago, so consider this a re-post. 


In Your Eyes

I had never known it....
Or was that I could not see it.....
I peered into the very recesses of my being, but it always seemed to escape me, elude me.


At times I could sense it.....
But then it would sense me......
It would move like quicksilver, rapid, trailing, leading.

Then I could see it....
I had finally found it.....
My completion....
My spirit....
My Soul....

In your eyes

Originally posted February 2009 in the Chayanne Fan Forum Guajira Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment