Sunday, January 11, 2015

Singing To The Wind



Singing to the Wind



While I slept, my soul was stolen from me.

A thief had come in the night,

silent and dark as shadow.

I woke to an emptiness that reached back

to the beginning of time.

I asked the birds had they seen my soul,

And they did not know.

I asked the trees had they seen my soul,

And they did not know.

I asked the sun and the moon surely they would know,

For they were the wisest, the first of God’s creations,

When He separated the light from the darkness,

And they did not know.

I asked the great waters,

for they touched the entire world,

And they did not know.

Then in the stillness….came the wind….and it spoke,

“Sing to me; sing to me the song

that only your soul,

and your soul alone can understand,

and I will carry your song.

I will carry it to the ends of the earth,

and I will find your soul.

And so I sang…..

I sang to the wind….

I sang until I wept…..

That night, as I slept, I felt the soft

cool caress of the wind.

And again, it spoke, but this time

in a whisper, “I have found your soul.”

And it place my soul in the black void,

And I was filled….

I was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment