Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pandora's Box




Pandora’s Box


It was given to me…
It was given to me in the moment of my creation.
Beautiful…gilded…when I touched it…
It seemed to move beneath my fingers.
But it would not open… it would not yield
To my desire…my desire to know
Its secrets locked inside.

What it carried, I did not know.
.. ..
I wanted to see…
To know what secrets lay inside,
But I was afraid… afraid of what
I might find, of what I might see.


But the box would not yield its mysteries to me.

.. ..

But it was not the box that needed to yield….
It was me……in that moment, my spirit let go….
And the box opened….
.. ..

Out of the box
came all of my deepest fears….
my hurts….
my disappointments…..

They hovered above me
like the blackest cloud…
I had been betrayed
by the beauty of the box.

But I looked into the box
deeper still…
and there it was…
one
small
light….

I held it in my hand….

and it began to grow brighter
My fear became strength….
My hurt became hope…
And my disappointments 
became my dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment